About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother of two young children and love making healthy meals for my family! I love fitness, playing tennis, cooking and traveling. Most of all I love spending time with my family!!! I hope you enjoy making these recipes for your family as well!!

Monday, May 2, 2011

Gnocchi with Sausage and Spinach

I know its been over a month since I've posted a new recipe...sorry about that. April was quite a busy month with vacation, Easter, and lovely weather. I have been cooking and making all sort of new recipes. I want to share this one with you that I made last week. It was great! If you aren't a fan of gnocchi you can use any pasta as well...rigatoni would be great. I also added much more spinach than the recipe calls for. I used 2 bags of spinach since I love it! Go easy on the salt...between the sausage and Parm thats plenty. Add a kick by using some hot sausage, if you like that sort of thing. Anyways, this recipe came from Real Simple magazine. ENJOY!!!!




Ingredients
  • 2 9 ounce refrigerated gnocchi or one 17.5 ounce package shelf stable gnocchi
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 Medium yellow onion, finely chopped
  • 1 pound Italian sausage, casings removed
  • 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
  • 1 5 ounce bag baby spinach
  • 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 3/4 Cup (3 ounces) grated Parmesan, plus more for garnishing

Directions
  1. Cook the gnocchi according to the package directions, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the sausage and cook, crumbling it with a spoon, until browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the garlic, spinach, salt, and pepper and cook, tossing frequently, until the spinach wilts, about 3 minutes. Add the drained gnocchi, the reserved cooking liquid, and the Parmesan and toss. Divide among individual bowls and sprinkle with additional Parmesan.

No comments:

Post a Comment