About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother of two young children and love making healthy meals for my family! I love fitness, playing tennis, cooking and traveling. Most of all I love spending time with my family!!! I hope you enjoy making these recipes for your family as well!!

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Tortellini and Smoked Sausage Soup

Well Fall has officially shown its pretty face around here!! The trees are all sorts of beautiful colors, the college football season is over halfway done, and the weather has gotten cold. There's nothing better than a hot bowl of soup on a cold Fall day. I've always liked minestrone soup but wanted a different type of soup with veggies. This is a recipe for a tortellini and smoked sausage soup which is just delicious...and the best part is that per 1 cup serving its only about 190 calories!!! I used turkey smoked sausage and cheese tortellini which helped to keep down calories. You should try this over the next few cold months to warm your soul!!



Ingredients
2 cans Italian diced tomatoes
1 10.5 oz French Onion Soup
1 14 oz can green beans, drained
1 14 oz can beef broth
3 cans of water (I used the beef broth can)
1 T minced garlic
Salt/Pepper
1 pkg turkey smoked sausage, cut into small bite-size pieces
1 bag frozen cheese tortellini
Baby spinach, optional
Parmesan cheese


Directions
In a large stockpot put first 8 ingredients. Bring to a simmer and let cook for 15 min. Add tortellini and let cook until pasta is floating. Remove from heat. Place baby spinach into bowl and ladle soup over. The heat will wilt the leaves. Garnish with Parmesan Cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment