About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother of two young children and love making healthy meals for my family! I love fitness, playing tennis, cooking and traveling. Most of all I love spending time with my family!!! I hope you enjoy making these recipes for your family as well!!

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Linguine with scallops, tomatoes, and fresh basil


Kroger was having a sale on bay scallops so I picked some up not knowing what I'd do with them. On the back of the package there was a recipe that sounded good...I tweaked it a little. The final dish had a slight hint of seafood from the scallops and was very fresh because of the lemon, tomato, and basil. It was great!

Ingredients
1 lb bay scallops (small scallops)
2 T garlic with sun dried tomato (Publix sells this in the fresh produce section)
Juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup white wine
3 T salted butter
2 small tomatoes, diced
1/2 lb linguine, cooked

Sauté scallops in garlic and 1 T olive oil. After 2 min add the juice of the lemon, wine, and butter. Once scallops are cooked and sauce is reduced, about 3 min, add tomatoes and cooked pasta. Mix until heated through. Serve with chopped basil and Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment