About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother of two young children and love making healthy meals for my family! I love fitness, playing tennis, cooking and traveling. Most of all I love spending time with my family!!! I hope you enjoy making these recipes for your family as well!!

Monday, January 30, 2012

Chicken Parmesan Rollotini



I have to say that I love pretty much any Italian food! Pasta, seafood, parmesan, and the list goes on and on. Chicken Parmesan is one of my favorites but not the healthiest to serve your family. I tried finding a better recipe that has the crunch but not the fried. A rollotini pretty much means a "roll" of food...whether its meat or pumpkin roll. I find that taking either chicken cutlets purchased at the store (more expensive) or cutting a chicken breast completely in half and pounding thin works best. This option actually is better on the wallet and makes a lot of food. Regarding the mozzarella cheese, you can use sliced, string cheese, block...whatever! We had a block of mozzarella and cut it up into thin layers. Rolled it up, coated with panko breadcrumbs and baked it! It was great and was fairly inexpensive. Always stock up on chicken breast when they go on sale...there's so much you can do to change it up!

Ingredients
3 chicken breasts (or however many you need...remember you will cut them horizontally in half)
6 pieces of mozzarella (like I said...whatever type you like)
2 eggs
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 T Italian seasoning
1/2 jar marinara sauce
Salt. pepper, and garlic powder (SPG)

Preheat oven to 400. Cut chicken horizontally and pound between plastic wrap til 1/4 in thin. Season with SPG...lay cheese across chicken. Roll lengthwise and secure with toothpick. Dip rolled chicken in egg mixture (eggs and splash of milk or water) and then in breadcrumb mixture (panko, parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning). Complete all pieces of chicken. Put in baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 35 min...remove and cover the tops of chicken with marinara sauce and a little more parmesan cheese. Put back in oven for 10 min. ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment