About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother of two young children and love making healthy meals for my family! I love fitness, playing tennis, cooking and traveling. Most of all I love spending time with my family!!! I hope you enjoy making these recipes for your family as well!!

Monday, January 23, 2012

Tuscan White Bean Soup



During the cold winter months I LOVE a hot bowl of soup! I love any kind of soup...potato soup, broccoli and cheese soup, chili, vegetable soup, and the list goes on and on. I was trying to clean out my pantry and had some Cannelini Beans, diced tomatoes and chicken broth. I also had some smoked turkey sausage in the freezer. That sounded like a perfect soup...all I needed to buy was some Kale. Kale is so good for you and has so much fiber and nutrients...one of those super foods!! I sauteed some onion with the smoked sausage to get some color on it, added the drained beans and tomatoes, poured in the chicken broth and simmered. Near the end I added in the washed kale. It was delcious!!! I hope you enjoy!!

1/2 onion, diced
1 can diced tomatoes with juice
2 cans cannelini beans, rinsed and drained
1 pkg smoked turkey sausage
1 carton on chicken stock (I used the 'white wine and herb)
1 large bunch of Kale, stems removed, torn into bite size pieces, and rinsed WELL
Water
Freshly grated Romano cheese

Sautee onions in 2 T olive oil on medium heat...add diced sausage. Once onions are translucent and sausage is warmed, add tomatos, beans, stock and enough water to cover by 1/2 inch. Add seasoning to taste (salt pepper and garlic powder). Let simmer for 15 min. Add torn pieces of washed Kale and cover. Turn heat to low and simmer another 10 min. Serve with grated parmesan or romano cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment