About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother of two young children and love making healthy meals for my family! I love fitness, playing tennis, cooking and traveling. Most of all I love spending time with my family!!! I hope you enjoy making these recipes for your family as well!!

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pizza Pasta



I'm always trying to make healthy meals for my family that they love. Its not an easy task...especially with a picky toddler and a picky husband! Everyone loves pizza, right?! I decided to make a pizza pasta using whole wheat noodles, low sugar tomato sauce, mushrooms, low fat mozzarella cheese, and turkey pepperoni. You can add any vegetable or any meat...I chose turkey pepperoni to keep calories down. It turned out really good and was very easy!!

1/2 pound whole wheat pasta of your choice, cooked al dente
1/2 cup heart healthy tomato sauce
1/2 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
1 jar mushrooms
20 turkey pepperonis, quartered
Italian seasoning

Cook pasta. Drain. In separate bowl, mix tomato sauce, half of cheese, mushrooms (and any other vegetables), half of pepperonis, and salt and pepper to taste. Add pasta. Pour into a greased 8X8 baking dish. Top with remaining pepperonis and cheese...sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Cover and bake on 375 for 30 min...remove foil and bake until cheese is golden brown. You can adjust ingredients to double recipe or to your taste. Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment