About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother of two young children and love making healthy meals for my family! I love fitness, playing tennis, cooking and traveling. Most of all I love spending time with my family!!! I hope you enjoy making these recipes for your family as well!!

Monday, February 6, 2012

Chocolate "Coke" Cake



YUM!!! I absolutley love to bake but I don't very often...partially because of the calories. I am one of the everything in moderation type of people so I think you need to indulge every now and then. I saw this recipe on Pinterest but thought that it called for too much sugar. I looked around and found a few different recipes and did my own thing. I used less than the recipe called for and it turned out fantastic.

This is a great dessert to take to a potluck, holiday dinner, or just a summer grill out!!!

1 cup butter
1/3 cup cocoa
1 cup cola soft drink
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/3 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
2 large eggs
1/2 cup buttermilk (if you don't have buttermilk use 1/2 cup regular milk and 1.5 teaspoon white vinegar and let sit for 5 min)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Icing
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/3 cup cola soft drink
3 cups powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350. In sauce pot combine butter, cocoa and coke and heat until just boiling. In mixing bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Combine chocolate/coke mixutre into flour mixture. Mix in eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla. Pour into greased 13x9 baking dish and cook for 30 min (or until toothpick comes out clean)

While cake is baking, combine butter, cocoa, and coke in sauce pot. Once melted, remove from heat and stir in vanilla and powder sugar. Pour over warm cake and let sit for 15 minutes.

*Picture from www.mayflaum.com

No comments:

Post a Comment