About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother of two young children and love making healthy meals for my family! I love fitness, playing tennis, cooking and traveling. Most of all I love spending time with my family!!! I hope you enjoy making these recipes for your family as well!!

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pumpkin Crumble Bars





I still have canned pumpkin from the holidays...or did! I really love pumpkin...pumpkin pancakes, scones, cakes, bread pudding, and anything else pumpkin. I came across a recipe for a pumpkin crumb bar that sounded perfect! I really don't remember how I came across the website Cooking with Sugar, but I sure am glad that I found it!! Not like I need baked goods sitting around but its nice to have now and then. I also noticed that the recipe called for boxed cake mix and condensed milk...which I had! The kids helped (that's why its on a blue plate) and LOVED it!! I hope you do too!! 


*I just copied the recipe from her website so I can't take any credit...other than introducing it to you :-)



Ingredients:
For base:
  • 1 (18.25 ounce) Box Betty Crocker Supermoist Yellow Cake Mix
  • ½ cup butter, melted
  • 1 egg
For filling:
  • 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
  • 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 eggs, beaten
For topping:
  • 1 cup of dry cake mix
  • 3 tablespoons butter, softened
  • 1 cup chopped pecans, walnuts or both
  • Powdered sugar for dusting

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 pan.
Remove 1 cup of cake mix from the cake mix box and set aside in a small bowl for the topping. Then in a large bowl combine the remaining cake mix with 1 egg and a 1/2 cup melted butter. Mix well, and pat into bottom of pan. Set aside
In the same bowl used for the base, mix together the pumpkin, eggs, sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin pie spice, brown sugar and cinnamon. Combine well and pour over base mix in pan.
With a fork, combine your reserved cup of cake mix with the nuts and softened butter. Crumble over pumpkin mix.
Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes until golden brown.  Let cool for at least 20-30 minutes then cut in squares and sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment