About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother of two young children and love making healthy meals for my family! I love fitness, playing tennis, cooking and traveling. Most of all I love spending time with my family!!! I hope you enjoy making these recipes for your family as well!!

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Mediterranean Flatbread





I love to try new types of food and recipes! I was shopping at Publix one day and came across one of the Apron simple meals for Mediterranean Flatbread...it sounded just up my alley! I changed it up just a little bit by adding feta cheese and adding the sun dried tomatoes. It was delicious!!


Ingredients
1 pound pork tenderloin, sliced into 1/2 in slices
1 roasted red pepper (in the jar)
1 T sun dried tomato in oil
1 shallot or 1/2 cup onion
2/3 cup cilantro
1/4 cup canola oil
2 T paprika
11/2 teaspoons cumin
1 T minced garlic
1 T tomato paste
1 T water
pinch red pepper
2 flatbread
Feta cheese


Fat free key lime yogurt
1 T fresh lime juice




Place red peppers, sun dried tomatoes, 2/3 cup cilantro, 1/4 cup oil, paprika, cumin, garlic, tomato paste, water, and crushed red pepper into blender; blend until smooth.
Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Season pork with salt and pepper then place in pan with 1 tablespoon oil; cook and stir 3–4 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
Reduce heat to low and add sauce; cook 1–2 minutes or until warmed. 


Toast flatbread in toaster. Top each flatbread with pork mixture and feta cheese. Stir juice into yogurt; spoon lightly over top of pork. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup cilantro. Cut into wedges or quarters and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment