About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother of two young children and love making healthy meals for my family! I love fitness, playing tennis, cooking and traveling. Most of all I love spending time with my family!!! I hope you enjoy making these recipes for your family as well!!

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Creamy Corn Salad

Summer is known for corn, tomatoes, peaches...everything fresh! I seem to buy an abundance of fresh fruits and veggies and sometimes can't figure out what to do with them all. This was the case this week when I had tons of corn and tomatoes. Instead of snacking on chips or cookies, I would prefer something a little healthier. I decided that a cold corn salad would be good. Its super easy and can even be made with canned corn. I sort of looked at a few recipes and made it my own.

Ingredients

4 cobs of corn, cut kernels into bowl
2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
1/4 cup mayonaise
salt and pepper to taste
1 T fresh dill (optional)

Cut kernels off of cobs and mix with remaining ingredients. You may need to add more salt and pepper after it sits for a while. I also added a splash of rice vinegar to give a little added flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment