About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother of two young children and love making healthy meals for my family! I love fitness, playing tennis, cooking and traveling. Most of all I love spending time with my family!!! I hope you enjoy making these recipes for your family as well!!

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Whiskey Peach BBQ Chicken

I love The Pioneer Woman...she is fantastic! She is like the all-time best food blogger...or something like that. She just got her own show on the Food Network that premiers next weekend. Anyways, she makes some fantastic food. I browse her recipes and save them on my iPad and will cook them all at some point. I did come across a BBQ chicken recipe that caught my eye. Anysort of meat that has a whiskey sauce is great to me :-) This one was slow cooked in BBQ sauce, Jack Daniels, peach preserves, and onion. YUM!!! I did make mine with chicken thighs; however, next time I will do skinless, bone-in chicken breasts...you could also do this is a crock pot. Either way is great!


Ingredients

  • 12 whole Chicken Thighs, Bone-in, Skin-on
  • 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
  • 2 Tablespoons Butter
  • 1 whole Yellow Onion, Diced
  • 1-½ cup Whiskey
  • 12 ounces, fluid Barbecue Sauce
  • 1 jar Peach Preserves
  • ½ cups Water
  • 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
  • 4 cloves Garlic, Peeled
  • 3 whole Green Onions, Sliced Thin

Preparation Instructions

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
Heat oil and butter in a heavy pot over medium-high heat. Place chicken thighs, four at a time, in the pot, skin side down. Brown both sides, then remove to a plate and repeat until all chicken is browned.
Pour off half the grease, then return pan to stove. Add onions to pan and stir, cooking for 2 minutes. Pour whiskey into the pot, being very careful if you’re using an open flame. Stir and scrape the bottom of the pan, allowing whiskey to reduce for a minute or two. Pour in barbecue sauce, peach preserves, water, and Worcestershire sauce. Throw in garlic cloves. Stir until combined, then return chicken to the pot, skin side up. Cover and put pot in oven.
Cook for 1 1/2 hours, then remove from oven.
Serve pieces of chicken over a big pile of smashed potatoes. Sprinkle sliced green onions over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment