About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother of two young children and love making healthy meals for my family! I love fitness, playing tennis, cooking and traveling. Most of all I love spending time with my family!!! I hope you enjoy making these recipes for your family as well!!

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Baked Spinach

I'm not sure where this recipe came from to be honest...I think my aunt but I'm not sure. Who cares...its FANTASTIC!!! I've served it before to people who hate spinach and they love it...I've also served it to my kids and they love it!! It's very easy and inexpensive. I've used 2 boxes of chopped spinach but I've also used 1 box of chopped spinach and 1 box of frozen creamed spinach...both turned out great. I always add a little garlic powder. ENJOY!!!

2 packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 16oz pkg small curd cottage cheese
1 egg
2 T sour cream
3 T melted butter
3/4 cup parmesan cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste
Mozzarella cheese (optional topping)

Thaw and drain spinach (make sure all water is squeezed out). Combine remaining ingredients and put in a 9X9 baking dish. If you are using cheese, sprinkle over top. Bake on 375 for 35 minutes. Let stand for 5 min after baking to set.

No comments:

Post a Comment