About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother of two young children and love making healthy meals for my family! I love fitness, playing tennis, cooking and traveling. Most of all I love spending time with my family!!! I hope you enjoy making these recipes for your family as well!!

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Millionaire Shortbread

OMG!!!! That's really all I can say about these. Claire Robinson on the food network made these the other day and said they were addicting...she was right!!! They do take a little of time because you want to let them chill in the fridge first, but its SO worth it! Really if you think about it, anything that has shortbread, caramel, and chocolate HAS to be good. And for those who can't have regular chocolate, white chocolate could work too! I halved the recipe because I didn't need 2 pans of this sitting around (well it wouldn't be sitting around for long and then Jillian Michaels would kick my butt extra hard tomorrow)!!! Anyways, you HAVE to make this for your next dinner party or potluck or weekday dessert.

Ingredients

1 stick of cold butter, cut into pieces
1 cup flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt

1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
1 T butter

1/3 lb semi sweet or dark chocolate

Shortbread: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter or coat with cooking spray 1 (8in) square pan. Place flour, sugar, and salt in food processor and pulse once. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles peas. If you don't have a food processor, use either two knives cutting the butter into the flour or a pastry cutter. Press shortbread mixture into pan and bake until golden brown around edges, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool COMPLETELY.

Caramel: In a heavy bottom saucepan, combine milk and butter. Slowly bring the mixture to a boil and stir CONTINUOUSLY. This will burn if its too hot or you don't keep stirring...I burnt the first pan :-) Continue stirring for about 10 min or until a caramel color...it will get thicker. Spread over cooled shortbread. Cool to room temperature.

Chocolate: Melt chocolate in microwave in 30 second intervals until completely melted. Poor over caramel. Put in refrigerator and let cool completely. Cut into squares and serve at room temperature!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment