About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother of two young children and love making healthy meals for my family! I love fitness, playing tennis, cooking and traveling. Most of all I love spending time with my family!!! I hope you enjoy making these recipes for your family as well!!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Almond and Peach Pork Chops

One night I was sitting on my couch looking through the Betty Crocker app on my ipad and came across this recipe. I love almonds and peaches...and well pork chops too! They are sort of like chicken...you can do so many different things with them. I also love Bisquick...its a great breading ingredient that gives protein more flavor than just using flour. Anyways, I made it last night and it was quite tasty. I served it with grits and a spinach salad, but you can do what ever you want with it...rice, potatoes, veggies. It was inexpensive as well...right around the $8...really the only cost was the pork and the peach preserves. I hope you enjoy!!!!






Ingredients
  • 1 Egg
  • 2 Tbsp peach preserves
  • 1/2 Cup Bisquick
  • 1/2 Cup Coarsely chopped almonds
  • 1 Tbsp cornmeal
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 4 boneless pork loin chops
  • 2 Tbsp vegetable oil

Directions
  1. Beat egg and preserves in shallow dish with fork, breaking apart any large pieces. Mix Bisquick, almonds, cornmeal, and salt in another dish. Dip pork chops in preserve mixture, then coat with Bisquick mixture. Heat oil in large non stick skillet over medium heat. Cook pork chops about 7 min per side, or until crust is golden and pork is cooked through. Sprinkle with parsley. * Heat remaining preserves and drizzle on top.
** Recipe and picture from Betty Crocker

1 comment:

  1. I made this last night, it was great! Thanks for sharing. Posting to my blog today.

    ReplyDelete