About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother of two young children and love making healthy meals for my family! I love fitness, playing tennis, cooking and traveling. Most of all I love spending time with my family!!! I hope you enjoy making these recipes for your family as well!!

Monday, March 7, 2011

This weeks menu and shopping list

I'm back!!! I've missed doing this each week but glad my husband is healthy again. I've actually had to find some more recipes that he can eat that don't include any acidic foods, spicy foods, or greasy foods. This weeks menu has come from Tasty Kitchen, Cooking Light, Martha Stewart and Southern Living. I'm very excited to get back to my normal 5-day a week cooking routine!! As you can see I've used bacon and mushrooms in 3 of the recipes since they were on sale..total for week is about $75!!

Roasted Shrimp over Arugula and Bacon
Chicken Noodle Casserole
Pork Chops with Bacon and Cabbage
Roasted Beef, Mushroom, and Barley stew
Wild Mushroom Risotto


Shopping List
Celery
Carrots
Mushrooms (3 containers)
Arugula and or Spinach
1 head of cabbage
lime juice
garlic
2 onions
2 large containers of chicken broth
1 can cream of mushroom
1 can cream of chicken
angel hair pasta
arborio rice (risotto)
barley (by the dried beans)
1/2 cup sour cream
white wine
bacon
1 lb sirloin steak
1 lb shrimp
pork chops (with or without bone)
1 pound chicken breasts

No comments:

Post a Comment