About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother of two young children and love making healthy meals for my family! I love fitness, playing tennis, cooking and traveling. Most of all I love spending time with my family!!! I hope you enjoy making these recipes for your family as well!!

Monday, March 14, 2011

Wild Mushroom Risotto

I sort of made this recipe based off a bunch of different ones and made it exactly how I like. I added a little Arugula/Spinach to the top as well as some roasted shrimp...both of those are optional. I will try to give exact measurements but you can play around a little bit and it still comes out delicious. I made this on Friday night and it made enough for 5 adults. The total cost is probably about $10...give or take if you want more mushrooms. I hope you make this and enjoy as much as I did!!

Ingredients 
1 cup Arborio Rice (you can find with regular rice)
1 large shallot, minced
1 T butter plus 1 T olive oil
2 pints of mushrooms (I used baby bellas and a gourmet blend of different types)
1/2 cup white wine
1 carton of "white wine and herb" chicken broth (made by Culinary....)
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
2 T butter
Arugula and Spinach
Shrimp (optional)

In a large stockpot melt butter with olive oil. Add shallot and mushrooms and cook over medium heat until shallots are translucent. Add rice and cook for about 3 minutes. Add wine...stir until almost absorbed. Add 1 cup of chicken broth and stir occasionally until almost absorbed. Do this with the remaining chicken broth one cup at a time. I added about 1 cup of water near the end just for fun. Make sure all liquid is absorbed...this will take about 25 minutes or so. Add the cheese and butter at the end and stir to combine. Serve risotto in a bowl and top with your greens and shrimp if you'd like. ENJOY!!!

*Picture from the PetitePig blog

No comments:

Post a Comment