About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother of two young children and love making healthy meals for my family! I love fitness, playing tennis, cooking and traveling. Most of all I love spending time with my family!!! I hope you enjoy making these recipes for your family as well!!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Roasted Shrimp with Bacon served over Arugula

I love salads...especially with spinach and arugula. My husband loved this too! Serve with good Italian bread and it's a delicious and healthy meal. It takes no time to whip together since you can cook the bacon and mushroom while the shrimp are in the oven. The total cost is about $13 for the recipe listed below...if you need to serve only 2-3 you can cut in half. Other alternatives is adding red onion Blue cheese, or hard boiled egg. Enjoy!!


Ingredients
2 lb peeled, large raw shrimp (31/40 count)
1 Cup bottled Creamy Caesar dressing
1/4 Cup chopped fresh parsley
1/4 Cup fresh lime juice
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1 tsp freshly ground pepper
4 slices of bacon, cooked, crumbled
1 pint of mushrooms
Arugula and/or spinach

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 375 Place all ingredients in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish, tossing to coat. Bake 18 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink, stirring after 9 minutes. Meanwhile, cook bacon until crisp and sauté mushrooms with 1 T butter and 1/4 cup white wine. Cook mushrooms until all liquid is evaporated and mushrooms are browned. Put arugula and spinach in bowl...put warm shrimp, warm bacon, and warm mushrooms to slightly wilt greens. Serve with dressing and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment