About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother of two young children and love making healthy meals for my family! I love fitness, playing tennis, cooking and traveling. Most of all I love spending time with my family!!! I hope you enjoy making these recipes for your family as well!!

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Chicken Soup with Orzo, Spinach and Lemon


Yesterday was the type of day that was rainy and had a Fall chill in the air. What's a better dinner choice than a big pot of chicken soup?! Ive made a soup before that had lemon juice added to the broth and it adds a freshness to the soup. Also I love spinach so I thought the recipe I found was a perfect choice. I found this recipe in the Paula Deen magazine and followed it exactly. There's nothing I'd change except maybe add a little more lemon juice. It was a perfect choice for a rainy Monday!



Ingredients
Chicken from 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
2 carrots, diced
1/2 large onion, diced
1 teaspoon garlic
2 (32oz)cartons of chicken broth
2 T lemon juice, fresh
3/4 cup orzo
1 bag baby spinach

Directions
Add carrots and onion to a large stock pot with 1 T olive oil. Saute until soft for about 3 minutes. Add garlic...cook for 2 minutes. Add chicken and chicken broth. Let simmer for just a few minutes. Add orzo and cook until soft, about 8 minutes. Add lemon juice and spinach. Cook until spinach is just wilted.

Serve immedietely and enjoy some toasty french bread or a salad! ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment