About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother of two young children and love making healthy meals for my family! I love fitness, playing tennis, cooking and traveling. Most of all I love spending time with my family!!! I hope you enjoy making these recipes for your family as well!!

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Shrimp Pasta Primavera


This sounds like such a weird combo...shrimp with squash?! It was anything but that. I bought both yellow squash and zucchini, a pound of shrimp, jarred pesto, half and half, and pasta...basically sauteed everything and served it over the pasta. You could use chicken if you'd like but I love shrimp and so does my family. I hope you enjoy!!



Ingredients
3 yellow sqaush and 3 zucchini...sliced into disks or cubed
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/4 yellow onion, diced
1/2 small jar of pesto
3/4 cup half and half
1/2 pound pasta (I used bowtie), cooked
parmesan cheese
Saute squash, zucchini, and onion in 1 T butter and 1 T olive oil over medium heat for about 7 min or until golden. Add shrimp and cook until no longer pink...about 4 min. Add pesto and half and half and simmer for about 5 minutes until just thickened. Serve over pasta and add parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment