About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother of two young children and love making healthy meals for my family! I love fitness, playing tennis, cooking and traveling. Most of all I love spending time with my family!!! I hope you enjoy making these recipes for your family as well!!

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Greek Burger

I've said it many times burgers are one of my favorite foods! Nothing beats pasta and seafood but burgers are definitly up there. There are so many different ways that you can prepare a burger...it can be a juicy beef burger with bacon and cheese or a much healthier option of ground chicken with greek flavors. This was such a hit with my kids that my 4 year old told me probably 5 times during dinner how much she loved it. It has such a fresh flavor because of the herbs and seasonings. I loved it!! Please try this soon!!



Ingredients
1 lb ground chicken
1 egg
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
1/4 cup Feta cheese
2 T sundried tomato garlic ( you can find this in the produce section near the preminced garlice)
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried dill
Salt and Pepper
Whole Wheat Pita
Kalamata Olives
Tomato and Arugula
Tzatizki Sauce
1/2 English cucmber, shredded and squeeze the water out
1 small container of Greek yogurt (I used Chiobani plain)
splash of white wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon dried dill
splash of fresh lemon juice

Directions
In a small bowl mix the shredded cucumber, yogurt, vinegar, dill and lemon juice and set aside. In a medium bowl combine chicken, egg, breadcrumbs, feta cheese, SDT garlic, oregano, dill and salt and pepper. Form into small patties. Heat a cast iron skillet (or grill) to medium high heat and cook patties until golden brown on both sides. To assemble burgers, cut a small part of pita bread off so you an open it. Spread your cucumber/dill sauce inside; put 2 of the small patties, kalamata olives, tomato, arugula and feta cheese. Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment