About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother of two young children and love making healthy meals for my family! I love fitness, playing tennis, cooking and traveling. Most of all I love spending time with my family!!! I hope you enjoy making these recipes for your family as well!!

Monday, October 15, 2012

Turkey Sausage with White Beans and Spinach

Italian Sausage with White Beans and Spinach

 
This may sound like an odd combo and the picture really doesn't do it justice but this was SUPER TASTY!!! The spiciness of the sausage with the creaminess of the white beans served over wilted spinach...healthy AND inexpensive! My kids even ate it and liked it. Its packed full of protein and vitamins from the spinach and red peppers. I actually served min over a little bit of bowtie pasta but thats totally an option. I hope you try this soon!



Ingredients
1 package mild Italian turkey sausage
1 roasted red pepper (in the jar), diced
1 shallot, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 can white cannellini beans (or great northern beans)
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup evaporated milk
1/4 cup chicken broth
Fresh spinach
Pasta of your choice (optional...I chose bowtie but penne would be good too), cooked

Directions
In a large saucepan, saute shallot and garlic for only about 2 minutes. Add sausage (remove casing) and cook until no longer pink. Drain. In same saucepan add sausage/onion/garlic back to pan and add red pepper, beans, cheese, milk, and broth. Heat through for about 4 minutes and sauce is thickened. Serve over a bed of fresh spinach and pasta and the heat will wilt the spinach just enough!!

No comments:

Post a Comment