About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother of two young children and love making healthy meals for my family! I love fitness, playing tennis, cooking and traveling. Most of all I love spending time with my family!!! I hope you enjoy making these recipes for your family as well!!

Friday, October 19, 2012

Gnocchi with Chicken, Marinara, and Ricotta


I was a little hesitant about this recipe because I don't overly LOVE ricotta cheese...its ok in small amounts but not like a whole mouthful...blah! I did change the original up and added roasted chicken and mozzarella cheese. It turned out super fabulous and was fairy quick. I did roast the chicken while the gnocchi were cooking and then just a short time under the broiler to get the brown crunchy cheese....OMG SO GOOD!!!! I love brown crunchy cheese...not so much the name of it but the taste is yum. Here you go and hope you enjoy!


Ingredients
1 package of gnocchi (either whole wheat or regular), cooked in salted water until they float
2 roasted chicken breast (seasoned with S&P, olive oil and roasted at 375 for 20 min)
1/2 jar your favorite marinara sauce
1/2 16 oz container ricotta cheese (you can use part skim to reduce calories)
4 slices mozzarella cheese

Directions

Preheat broiler.

Once gnocchi are cooked spread them on the bottom of a greases 8x8 baking dish. In a mixing bowl combine the ricotta cheese and marinara sauce. Spread mixture over gnocchi. Sprinkle with special seasoning (salt, pepper, and garlic powder) and parmesan cheese. Place the slices of cheese over the top. Put under broiler and watch until cheese is golden. WATCH because it can burn quickly. ENJOY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment