About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother of two young children and love making healthy meals for my family! I love fitness, playing tennis, cooking and traveling. Most of all I love spending time with my family!!! I hope you enjoy making these recipes for your family as well!!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Bacon and Mushroom Quiche

I sort of love quiche...all kinds. Since both bacon and mushrooms were on sale...why not make Bacon and Mushroom Quiche. You can make two if you use non deep dish pie crusts...depends on how many you need to feed. I served with a salad with mandarin oranges and dried cranberries. I've made this my own recipe over the years...feel free to add herbs or other spices. Total cost was about $10...serves 4-6.





Ingredients
6 Slices of bacon, chopped
1 small onion, minced
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 Container of mushroom, fresh
1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
3 Eggs
1 Cup Cheese (swiss, cheddar, monteray jack, or fontina)
1 salt and pepper to taste
1 deep dish pie shell (or two regular)

Directions
Preheat oven to 395. Cook bacon in medium saucepan over medium heat until crispy, drain on paper towel. In same pan and 1 T of bacon grease, cook onion and garlic over medium heat. Remove to large bowl. Cook mushrooms in pan until liquid is evaporated and brown. In the large bowl with onion and garlic, add bacon, mushrooms, milk, cheese, beaten egg, and salt and pepper. Mix well...add to deep dish pie shell. Cook for 40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment