About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother of two young children and love making healthy meals for my family! I love fitness, playing tennis, cooking and traveling. Most of all I love spending time with my family!!! I hope you enjoy making these recipes for your family as well!!

Friday, February 11, 2011

Week 5 menu and shopping list

This weeks menu consists of quite a few healthy meals that pack a good punch! I don't cook pasta too much because of the enormous amount of carbs but I LOVE PASTA!!! I figure that if we have 4 healthy meals we can have one pasta meal. This menu (including veggies) cost approximately $75. I buy a lot of frozen vegetables b/c one bag of broccoli is $1.50 and it is 4 servings. This week Birdseye frozen vegetables are on sale so stock up!
Shrimp with chimichurri (garlic/herb oil)
Bayou Pasta (chicken and vegetables with whole wheat pasta)
Grilled Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
Mediterranean Salmon
Maple Chipotle Porkchops

Grocery List

Portabella mushroom caps
6 Roma Tomatoes (for 3 of the meals)
rosemary
flat leaf parsley (this is for 3 of the meals)
basil
garlic (get the pre-minced garlic and keep on hand)
small onion
2 lemon ( for 2 of the meals)
whole wheat penne pasta (or any pasta of your choice)
kalamata olives
1 can cannellini beans (great northern beans...white beans)
barbeque sauce (should have some left over from the BBQ last week)
red wine vinegar
good extra virgin olive oil
maple syrup (get a good quality syrup)
1 can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (Mexican food isle)
grits
half and half
parmesan cheese
part skim mozzarella cheese (shredded)
cheese for grits (recipe calls for smoked gouda, but feel free to use american/fontina/gruyere)
cajun spices (McCormick)
8 oz pancetta (in the deli)
1 lb shrimp
1 lb salmon filets (about 2-3 servings)
Bone in pork chops or if you prefer boneless
chicken (whole chickens are on sale...or breasts)

No comments:

Post a Comment