About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother of two young children and love making healthy meals for my family! I love fitness, playing tennis, cooking and traveling. Most of all I love spending time with my family!!! I hope you enjoy making these recipes for your family as well!!

Thursday, February 10, 2011

BBQ Quesadillas

It's time to use up the rest of that pork we used to make to BBQ Potatoes the other day. Quesadillas are a quick and easy dinner that is tasty. If you want to add some cilantro, I've seen recipes with this but I don't like cilantro, so I didn't use any. Total cost for this meal is only about $5-$6!!!

Ingredients
1/2 lb shredded barbecued pork
1/2 Cup barbecue sauce
1/2 Red onion
8 flour tortillas (6 inch)
1 Cup shredded Mexican four cheese blend
2 Tbsp butter or margarine, softened
Toppings: sour cream, sliced green onions, barbecue sauce




Directions
Slice red onion thinly and cook over low heat with 1T of butter to soften.
Stir together first 3 ingredients.
Spoon pork mixture evenly on 1 side of each tortilla; sprinkle with cheese. Fold tortillas in half, pressing gently to seal. Spread butter on both sides of quesadillas.
Heat a large nonstick or cast iron skillet over medium heat, and cook quesadillas 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Cut each quesadilla in half for main dish servings or in quarters for appetizer servings. Serve with desired toppings. Garnish, if desired.

*picture from Betsy van awesome blog

No comments:

Post a Comment