About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother of two young children and love making healthy meals for my family! I love fitness, playing tennis, cooking and traveling. Most of all I love spending time with my family!!! I hope you enjoy making these recipes for your family as well!!

Friday, February 4, 2011

Chicken Sate with Peanut Sauce

This meal is quite yummy! I made it and served it with sugar snap peas and sesame noodles (whole wheat spaghetti, 2T soy sauce, 2 T brown sugar, 3 T sesame oil, garlic, ginger, sesame seeds and salt...mixed together). My little girl who doesnt eat much meat ate the chicken with peanut sauce! It was inexpensive, easy to make, and delicious! I found this recipe in Cooking Light magazine (along with this picture). ENJOY!!

Ingredients

1 lb skinless, boneless chicken cutlets, cut into strips
1 Tbsp light brown sugar
2 1/2 Tbsps low sodium soy sauce
2 Tsps bottled ground fresh ginger or 1 tsp ground ginger
1 Tsp grated lime rind
1/4 Tsp crushed red pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced

Sauce:
1 Tbsp light brown sugar
1 1/2 Tbsps low sodium soy sauce
1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
2 Tbsps natural style, reduced fat creamy peanut butter
1/4 Tsp crushed red pepper
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 cup chicken broth (only if you want to thin out the sauce)

Directions
Prepare grill or grill pan.
To prepare sate , combine chicken and next 6 ingredients (through 2 garlic cloves) in a medium bowl. Let stand 10 minutes.
To prepare sauce, combine 1 tablespoon brown sugar and the next 5 ingredients (through 1 garlic clove) in a medium bowl, stirring until sugar dissolves.
Thread chicken strips onto each skewers. Place chicken on grill pan coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is done. Serve chicken with sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment