About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother of two young children and love making healthy meals for my family! I love fitness, playing tennis, cooking and traveling. Most of all I love spending time with my family!!! I hope you enjoy making these recipes for your family as well!!

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Fish n Chips

I don't fry much of anything!! I have a horrible guilt come over me when I eat fried foods. I do believe in everything in moderation though, so I don't feel too bad serving this to my family occassionally because it is oh so good! It's a quick meal to throw together...you can serve it with oven baked potatoes/fries to complete the Fish n Chips dinner. The primary cost is the fish so this meal is under $10!


Ingredients
3 fish fillet (Cod or haddock)
2 Tbsp Bisquick
1 Cup Bisquick
1 Egg
1/2 Cup Light beer





Directions
Cut fish into either strips or nuggets and toss with the 2 T of Bisquick. Meanwhile mix together Bisquick, beer, and egg. Drop fish into batter. Heat 1/4 cup oil to med heat and once hot add fish. Cook fish about 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towel. * Serve with homemade tarter sauce (mayonnaise, dill relish, dash of worchestershire sauce, garlic and onion powder, S/P) or malt vinegar.

* Picture from McCormick Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment