About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother of two young children and love making healthy meals for my family! I love fitness, playing tennis, cooking and traveling. Most of all I love spending time with my family!!! I hope you enjoy making these recipes for your family as well!!

Monday, February 7, 2011

Winter Chili

With the weather still cold, I enjoy nothing more than a hot bowl of chili. I don't have all day to cook it though so I made this recipe and it only takes about 25 min to cook. If you want, you can brown the meat and dump everything into a slow cooker on low for 6 hours and it would be very tasty! I makes quite a lot...probably enough to serve 5-6 adults. If you'd prefer to serve it over rice or over nachos...feel free!! This too is an inexpensive meal costing less than $10. 


Ingredients

  • 1 lb lean ground beef
  • 2 20 ozs Cans diced tomatoes
  • 1 Can light kidney beans
  • 1 Can dark kidney beans
  • 1 Packet chili seasoning
  • 1 Tsp Garlic salt
  • 1 Tsp Onion powder
  • 1 (12 ounce) bottle light bodied beer

Directions
  1. Brown beef in heavy pot...add beer and chili seasoning. Add cans of tomatoes with juice. Drain and rinse beans and add to pot. Add seasoning. Let simmer for 20 min (or longer if you have time). Top with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, onions, and fritos (or your desired toppings).
Picture from Mediabistro

No comments:

Post a Comment