About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother of two young children and love making healthy meals for my family! I love fitness, playing tennis, cooking and traveling. Most of all I love spending time with my family!!! I hope you enjoy making these recipes for your family as well!!

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Chicken Parmesan Burgers

One of my favorite foods are burgers...you can do so much with them! You can use almost any meat and add many different ingredients to it and they always turn out delicious. Chicken Parmesan burgers are very easy, healthy, and tasty. You can serve them on some good Italian bread or as a chicken Parmesan patty...either way is great! I served with sweet potato fries that I baked in the oven. Total cost approximately $8 for 4 large burgers. Enjoy



1 lb ground chicken breast
1 shallot, minced
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup marinara sauce
Slices of mozzarella cheese

Mix together chicken and next 5 ingredients. Form burger patties about 4 inches in diameter. Make sure that you push your thumb into the middle, but not through, burger patty...this will make the burger stay flat and not mound up. I like to use my cast iron skillet to cook these but feel free to grill them. Turn on to medium high heat and put patties in for about 3 min per side. You want to make sure that they are golden brown on each side and cooked through. Remove from pan/grill and put about 1.5 T of sauce on each patty and top with cheese. Put under broiler until melted and golden brown. You can serve it on good Italian bread or eat it by itself.

*Picture from Sweet Nicks

No comments:

Post a Comment