About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother of two young children and love making healthy meals for my family! I love fitness, playing tennis, cooking and traveling. Most of all I love spending time with my family!!! I hope you enjoy making these recipes for your family as well!!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Asian Lettuce Wraps

This is a great weeknight go-to meal that is healthy and quick to make. I found this recipe on Food Network but tweaked it a little bit to my liking...feel free to do the same. The original recipe didn't have any peanut butter or brown sugar and it didn't have any extra veggies. I like cold, crisp, fresh vegetables on my lettuce wrap (carrots, bell peppers, cabbage). Most of the ingredients you probably have, except for maybe the fresh ginger and hoisin sauce. I estimate this recipe to be around $10 and it serves quite a bit. You can always have this as an appetizer for a party as well. Its good to serve with whole wheat spaghetti with a little soy sauce, brown sugar mix.


Ingredients
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 pound ground turkey
A 2 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/3 Cup hoisin sauce
1/4 Cup chopped peanuts
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
2 Tsps brown sugar
Diced carrots and red pepper

Directions
1 head Boston lettuce, leaves separated, cleaned and dried. In a skillet over medium high heat, add the vegetable oil and saute turkey until brown. Stir in ginger, scallions, garlic, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, peanut butter, brown sugar and hoisin and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the peanuts. Season with salt and pepper and serve warm wrapped in lettuce cups. Add carrots and red pepper.

1 comment:

  1. Jamie, I always appreciate the thought and creativity you put into your cooking. I think a lot of people will benefit from your blog.

    ReplyDelete