About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother of two young children and love making healthy meals for my family! I love fitness, playing tennis, cooking and traveling. Most of all I love spending time with my family!!! I hope you enjoy making these recipes for your family as well!!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Beef in a red wine sauce

Here is a great weeknight meal for those busy working moms. Throw it in the crockpot in the morning and it'll be ready when you get home. If you were making this on the weekend or had some extra time you can sear the meat in a hot skillet before putting it in the crockpot, but you can skip that if you'd like.I found this recipe in Southern Living magazine. Like most of my dinners, this too cost about $12. Enjoy!!!






Ingredients


3 pounds boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 Medium onion, sliced
1 pound fresh mushrooms, halved
1 package (1.61 ounce) brown gravy mix
1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
1 Cup red wine
2 tablespoon tomato paste
1 bay leaf
Hot cooked egg noodles or rice
Garnish: chopped fresh parsley

Directions
Place first 3 ingredients in a 6 quart slow cooker.
Whisk together gravy mix and next 3 ingredients; pour evenly over beef and vegetables. Add bay leaf.
Cover and cook on HIGH 6 hours. Remove and discard bay leaf. Serve over noodles. Garnish, if desired

1 comment:

  1. I have this recipe:) How funny! I got it from Southern Living; I swear I haven't made a bad recipe from that magazine!

    ReplyDelete