About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother of two young children and love making healthy meals for my family! I love fitness, playing tennis, cooking and traveling. Most of all I love spending time with my family!!! I hope you enjoy making these recipes for your family as well!!

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Citrus Chicken Salad

I love simple salads...all throughout the year. This really seems like a summer salad but with the warmer weather this weekend, I thought it would be perfect! Its simple and quick to put together and taste great. This came directly from the Publix Apron Meals. The total cost was about $10 (the black sesame seeds cost about $3, but we will use those in another recipe so the cost spreads out). This is great with a good french bread. I hope you enjoy and would love your feedback!


Ingredients
2–3 grapefruit
1/2 cup lemon curd
1 teaspoon black sesame seeds (optional)
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1 3/4 lb) 
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 tablespoons water
1/2 of a (4–5-oz) bag spring mix salad blend



Directions
  • Cut grapefruit in half; remove grapefruit sections.
  • Squeeze the grapefruit membranes for juice (about 1 1/3 cups).
  1. Whisk lemon curd into grapefruit juice until smooth; whisk in sesame seeds and garlic.
  2. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place oil in pan then add chicken (wash hands); cook 3–4 minutes on each side or until browned.
  3. Reduce heat on chicken to medium. Add 2 tablespoons water; cover and cook 4–5 minutes or until 165°F.
  4. Arrange spring mix on serving platter. Slice chicken; arrange grapefruit and chicken over spring mix. Drizzle with dressing and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment