About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother of two young children and love making healthy meals for my family! I love fitness, playing tennis, cooking and traveling. Most of all I love spending time with my family!!! I hope you enjoy making these recipes for your family as well!!

Monday, January 24, 2011

Cider Pork Chops with Sauteed Apples

You may realize that this recipe was originally called "Cider Brined..." Well I made it over the weekend and really could not tell any difference in flavor from the brine. I actually just adds extra time and steps so I changed it up a bit. You still sear the pork chops and then make a sauce out of apple cider, mustard, and a few other things...drizzle that over the pork chops with the sautéed apples. I served mine with Pepper Jack Grits (bc I needed to get rid of the cheese) but stuffing, roasted sweet potatoes, or rice would all be tasty too. This recipe served 6 (1 chop per person) and cost about



Ingredients
3/4 cups apple cider
6 bone in pork chops, each 3/4 to 1 in. thick
3 tablespoon butter
3/4 Cup chicken stock
2 tablespoon whole grain mustard
1 Cup Sour cream
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 Apples, granny smith
2 Tbsps light brown sugar
1 Tsp apple cider vinegar

Directions
Melt 2 tbsp. butter in a large frying pan over medium high heat. Add pork chops (you may need to do this in 2 batches) and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until well browned. Flip chops and cook another 3 to 4 minutes, until fully cooked. Place on an oven proof plate and put in a 200 degree oven to keep warm.
3. Meanwhile, pour 3/4 cup cider into the hot frying pan, scraping pan with a wooden spoon to dislodge browned bits. Add the chicken stock, turn the heat to high, and boil until liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in remaining 1 tbsp. butter and the mustard. When sauce is no longer bubbling, stir in sour cream. Season with remaining 1/2 tsp. salt and the pepper. Remove the pork from oven and spoon a generous amount of sauce over each chop. Serve topped with sauteed apples.
Sauté apples in saucepan with 2 T butter, 1 T brown sugar, 1T apple cider vinegar, and pinch of salt. Cook until tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment