About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother of two young children and love making healthy meals for my family! I love fitness, playing tennis, cooking and traveling. Most of all I love spending time with my family!!! I hope you enjoy making these recipes for your family as well!!

Monday, January 31, 2011

Gnocchi with Roasted Shrimp, Asparagus, and Pesto

I made this last night from a recipe from Cooking Light. It was very easy and quick...and delicious!! It fed 4 adults and cost less than $10. I hope you enjoy and would love your feedback.


Ingredients
2 quarts plus 1 tablespoon water, divided
1 package (16 ounce) vacuum packed gnocchi (such as Vigo)
4 Cups (1 inch) slices asparagus (about 1 pound)
1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp
2 T Pesto
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated

Directions
Preheat oven to 425. Place asparagus on baking sheet with olive oil and salt and pepper...roast for about 15 min. Add shrimp to baking sheet with asparagus; cook 5 more minutes or until shrimp are done. While shrimp and asparagus are roasting, bring 2 quarts water to a boil in a Dutch oven. Add gnocchi to pot; cook 4 minutes or until done (gnocchi will rise to surface). Remove gnocchi with a slotted spoon; place in a large bowl.  Add shrimp and asparagus to gnocchi. Add salt to taste and add pesto and cheese to shrimp mixture; toss to coat. Serve immediately.

1 comment:

  1. This one looks like something I would love! I'll have to make it soon.

    ReplyDelete