About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother of two young children and love making healthy meals for my family! I love fitness, playing tennis, cooking and traveling. Most of all I love spending time with my family!!! I hope you enjoy making these recipes for your family as well!!

Monday, January 10, 2011

The Beginning

I'll first tell you a little about myself...I am a stay at home mom of two little kids, a 21/2 little girl and a 6 month old little boy, with a love for cooking. I've always loved it but when I was younger didn't ever cook. I always watched. Once I got married and actually had someone to cook for daily I began trying new recipes and tweaking them to our liking. I have collected recipes over the past few years from magazines, cookbooks, family members, and tv shows. I store them in a HUGE white binder. I'm totally scared that something will happen to this binder and all my recipes will be 'poof' gone! I would freak out!!! My husband got me the ipad for Christmas this year and put a fantastic app on there to store all of my recipes. Its great!!! I'm still in the process of putting my 'white binder' recipes in so I will have them all in one place. I've got quite a bit more to enter though.

I'm sort of obsessed with The Food Network. My husband jokes that the TV is making him fat because we watch cooking shows a lot and it makes him hungry. I just find cooking therapudic and relaxing. Anyways, I always like to share my recipes with friends and family in hopes it makes them as happy as it does me!

Since I've stayed home from working to take care of the kiddos, I've wanted to save money on different things...including groceries. I typically shop at our local Publix who publishes their weekly ads online. Each week I look to see whats on sale and decide on our weekly meals based on that. With that being said, I've had numerous requests/comments that I should start a food blog. I've thought about it for a while but with two little kids it will be tough; BUT, now that I have my ipad it will be much easier. My thought of doing a food blog with a menu for the week, shopping list, and recipes came into play. And that's how "Cooking with Jamie" was born. I'd also love for you to share recipes with me...like I said I love trying new things!!!

ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment