About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother of two young children and love making healthy meals for my family! I love fitness, playing tennis, cooking and traveling. Most of all I love spending time with my family!!! I hope you enjoy making these recipes for your family as well!!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Tilapia with Lemon Herb Butter

One of my favorite things to do to certain proteins and breads is make a compound butter to liven up the meal. A good cinnamon butter or vanilla honey butter on bread and Pesto butter Or lemon herb butter on fish and grilled chicken. This is an easy fix to add tons of flavor. This is a very simple, healthy (despite butter being on it), and inexpensive meal...costing about $9. I served this with rice and steamed broccoli. It's one my recipes that I put together.


Ingredients
4 (6 oz.) tilapia fillets
4 all purpose flour for dusting
1/2 butter, softened (1/2 stick)
1 cloves garlic, minced
1 Lemon, use half of juice and all of zest
1 Tbsp minced chives
2 Tbsps chopped fresh parsley
2 salt and pepper
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard

Directions
Soften butter. Add lemon juice of half of a large lemon, all the zest, garlic, parsley, chives, mustard, salt, and pepper. Mix well...I put mine in a food processor but you can finely mince everything and stir. Put in dish and put back into refrigerator. Salt and pepper tilapia filet. Dust with flour and pan sear over medium heat in 1 T butter and 1 T olive oil until golden brown on both sides (about 3-4 min on each). Remove from pan to serving plate and put Lemon Herb Butter on top (about 1 T) immediately. You can serve this with rice, grits, potatoes...your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment