About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother of two young children and love making healthy meals for my family! I love fitness, playing tennis, cooking and traveling. Most of all I love spending time with my family!!! I hope you enjoy making these recipes for your family as well!!

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Weekly Menu 1

Well we've been snowed in here in Atlanta for 3 days now; so I haven't been able to get to grocery store and buy groceries for this weekly menu. I like to have a different protein each day so that is what I have done for this menu (based on sale items at Publix).


Balsamic Chicken with Tomatoes and Feta
Shrimp and Grits
Beef and cheese shells
Asian lettuce wraps
Sweet and Tangy Pork chops


SHOPPING LIST
Balsamic Chicken:
Tomatoes
Feta cheese
Chicken breast (skinless/boneless)
Balsamic dressing
Shrimp and Grits
1 pound of shrimp
Bacon
Grits
Low sodium chicken broth
heavy cream
shallots
items you may already have: Old bay, flour, cheese for grits, butter
Beef and Cheese Shells
1 pound of ground beef
1 small onion
Ricotta cheese
Mozzarella cheese
marinara sauce
Shells (or if you’d rather use manicotti, you can use manicotti)
Sweet and Tangy Pork chops
Bone in pork loin chops
beef broth or beer
ketchup
Asian lettuce wraps
1 pound ground turkey
Fresh ginger
Garlic
Hoisin sauce
low sodium soy sauce
brown sugar
peanut butter
chopped peanuts
iceburg lettuce or bibb lettuce
carrott and red pepper to garnish 


Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment