About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother of two young children and love making healthy meals for my family! I love fitness, playing tennis, cooking and traveling. Most of all I love spending time with my family!!! I hope you enjoy making these recipes for your family as well!!

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Week 3 Menu and shopping list

I wasn't a huge fan of the items on sale at Publix or Kroger this week, but I did end up finding some amazing recipes that I'm very excited to try. Like I do each week I cook a different protein each night...I get tired of the same ole' same ole'...ya know? Some of the recipes are a staple in my kitchen and a few are brand new. The shrimp and asparagus were both on sale this week at Publix as were the bacon and muchrooms for the quiche. All of the other proteins were on sale as well...I kept my weekly groceries under $100 and I got a lot of other items that aren't part of the dinner menu!! I hope you enjoy these as much as we do!!

Gnocchi with Roasted Shrimp, Asparagus, and Pesto
Pork Tenderloin on Cornmeal Biscuits (w/cranberry chutney)
Bacon and Mushroom Quiche
Chicken Sate with Peanut Sauce
Winter Chili

Shopping List
Mushrooms
Asparagus (one bunch)
Onion (2 small)
1 lime
Garlic
Evaporated Milk
2 cans kidney beans
2 large cans of diced tomatoes
1 packet of chili seasoning
1 can whole berry cranberry sauce
1 lg can crushed pineapple
Gnocchi (typically on the pasta isle)
Jiffy cornbread mix
jar of pesto
long skewers for chicken sate
swiss cheese
toppings for chili: cheddar cheese, sour cream, chips
bacon
1 pound shrimp
pork tenderloin
chicken cutlets
ground beef
OTHER ITEMS THAT ARE NEEDED, BUT YOU MAY HAVE ALREADY
brown sugar
soy sauce
ground ginger
peanut butter
4 eggs

No comments:

Post a Comment